Board Actions for 03-16-2004 MeetingPosted on Mar 16, 2004 in Board Actions
Date: March 16, 2004 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 1/27/04 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
IV. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL LOAN DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct New Farmer (Real Estate) Loan to Charles A. Gallison.
B. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Request to Remove Two Members of the Honokaa-Paauilo Irrigation System Water User Advisory Board, Eliminate Those Seats, and Designate a New Representative for the Mauna Kea Soil & Water Conservation District
2. Request for Authorization to Redefine the Boundaries of the Honokaa-Paauilo Irrigation System, Lower Hamakua Ditch, Island of Hawaii.
C. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
1. Request that the Board of Agriculture Relax the Minimum Export Requirements for Papayas, for the Period March 18, 2004, through June 15, 2004, to Allow Export of Properly Labeled Papayas that do not Meet the Maturity and Soluble Solids Requirements of Hawaii No. 1 Papayas.
D. PLANT INDUSTRY
3. Request to: (1) Preliminarily Review the Currently Unlisted Parasitic Wasp, Fopiusceratitivorus, for Future Placement on the List of Restricted Animals (Part A); (2) Allow the Importation of the Parasitic Wasp, Fopiusceratitivorus, by Special Permit, for Scientific Research; and (3) Establish Permit Conditions for the Importation of the Parasitic Wasp, Fopiusceratitivorus, for Scientific Research
V. NEW BUSINESS