Board Actions for 03-22-2005 MeetingPosted on Mar 22, 2005 in Board Actions
Date: March 22, 2005 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 2/8/05 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
IV. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL LOAN DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Operating Loan to Hamakua Heritage Farm, Inc.
2. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Real Estate Loan to Joan A. Philipp and Michael Manor.
3. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Capital Improvement Loan to Noel Escobedo Farm, Inc.
B. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Request for Consent to Assignment of Lease General Lease No. S-4420, Pahoa Agricultural Park, Phase II, Lot 6, Island of Hawai’i
2. Request to Approve Waiver of Performance Bond, General Lease No. S-4825, Pahoa Agricultural Park, Phase II, Lot 15, Island of Hawaii
3. Request for Consent to Assignment of Lease, General Lease No. S-9017, Molokai Agricultural Park, Lot 16, Island of Molokai
4. Request For Authorization to Terminate Lease, to Issue Cancellation Document, And to Dispose Of Lot by Negotiation, General Lease No. S-8004, Lot No. 4, Kekaha Agricultural Park, Kauai
5. Request to Rescind Prior Board Action Approving the Relocation of an Existing Structure onto Lot 10 to be Used as a Security Dwelling and Request Approval to Construct a New Security Dwelling on the Subject Lot, General Lease No. S-6010, Kahuku Agricultural Park, Oahu
6. Request for Approval to Terminate Revocable Permit No. 13 and Approve the Disposition of Agricultural Park Lot by Negotiation; Kalaeloa Agricultural Park, TMK (1) 9-1-031:026
C. PLANT INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Resubmittal of request for: (1) preliminary approval of proposed amendments to Chapter 4-66, Hawaii Administrative Rules (Pesticides Rules) and (2) authorization for the Chairperson to schedule public hearings and appoint a hearing officer.
D. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
1. Request that the Board of Agriculture relax the minimum export requirements for papayas, for the period March 22, 2005 through June 19, 2005, to allow export of properly labeled papayas that do not meet the maturity and soluble solids requirements of Hawaii No. 1.
E. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Update on 1) Repeal Chapters 4-150, 4-151, 4-152, 4-155, and 4-156 Hawaii Administrative Rules (“HAR”); 2) Create Chapter 4-157, HAR to Manage All Irrigation Systems; and 3) Authorize the Chairperson to Schedule Public Hearings and to Appoint a Hearings Officer
Action: No action required. Update only.
F. NEW BUSINESS