Board Actions for 08-02-2005 MeetingPosted on Aug 2, 2005 in Board Actions
Date: August 2, 2005 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 4/26/05 AND 6/28/05 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
IV. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Request for Approval to Construct Two Shade Houses and a Rock Wall General Lease No. S-4853 Keahole Agricultural Park, Lot 17, Island of Hawaii
2. Request for Consent to Assignment of Lease General Lease No. S-4926, TMK (1) 4-1-035:005 Waimanalo Agricultural Park, Lot No. 5
3. Request for Approval to Construct a Packing Warehouse and Offices on the Subject Lot, General Lease No. S-6000, Lot 25 Kahuku Agricultural Park, Oahu
4. Request for Approval to Award Agricultural Park Lease Through Negotiation, Lot No. 2 Kalaeloa Agricultural Park, Ewa, Oahu
5. Request for Consent to Assignment of Leases General Lease Nos. S-8001, S-8002, S-8005, S-8008, S-8012, S-8013, and S-8017, TMK (4) 1-2-016: Various Kekaha Agricultural Park, Waimea, Kauai
B. PLANT INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Request to 1) Allow the Import Under Permit of the Diamond Back Terrapin Turtle (Malaclemys terrapin) for Private Use; and 2)Establish Permit Conditions for the Importation of the Diamond Back Terrapin Turtle for Private Use.
2. Request to: Allow the Importation of Various Species of a Fungus, Alternaria, on the List of Restricted Microorganisms (Part A), for Laboratory Diagnostics; and (2) Establish Permit Conditions for the Importation of Various Species of a Fungus, Alternaria, on the List of Restricted Microorganisms (Part A), for Laboratory Diagnostics
C. AQUACULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
1. Request for: 1) preliminary approval of proposed rules for the Aquaculture Development Special Fund, and 2) authorization for the Chairperson to schedule public hearings and appoint a hearing officer.
D. ANIMAL INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of an Applicant for Alternative Use of the Animal Quarantine Station
E. NEW BUSINESS
Those persons desiring to submit written testimony may do so via postal mail to the DOA Chairperson’s Office at 1428 S. King Street,
Honolulu, HI 96814-2512;
via fax to the DOA Chairperson at (808) 973-9613 or via e-mail to HDOA.BOARD.TESTIMONY@HAWAII.GOV <mailto:HDOA.BOARD.TESTIMONY@HAWAII.GOV>. Please include the word “testimony” and the subject matter following the address line. Those persons desiring to present oral testimony at the BOA meeting must register prior to the convening of the meeting with staff. If possible, submit 14 written copies of the testimony to staff prior to the meeting.
NOTE: MATERIALS FOR THIS AGENDA WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DOA CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE, 1428 S. KING STREET, HONOLULU, HAWAII, ON FRIDAY, 7/29/05.
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING AGENDAS AND ACTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON THE
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE’S WEBSITE: