Board Actions for 11-23-2004 MeetingPosted on Nov 23, 2004 in Board Actions
Date: November 23, 2004 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 10/26/04 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
IV. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. PLANT INDUSTRY
1. “Staff Investigative Report and Recommendations in Response to Complaint Against Blue Tropix Regarding Squirrel Monkeys Under Permit and Bond”.
Action: Board approved staff recommendation that a contested case hearing is not necessary.
B. AGRICULTURAL LOAN
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Operating Loan and Modification of Existing Loan (DC-6104) for James Yang Suk Song.
C. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. Request for Consent to Assignment of Lease General Lease No. S-9003, Molokai Agricultural Park Lot No. 2-B, Island of Molokai
2. Request for Consent to Assignment of Lease and Approval to Construct a Second Farm Dwelling on the Subject Farm Lot, General Lease No. S-4922, Waimanalo Agricultural Park, Lot 1, Waimanalo, Island of Oahu
3. Request for Approval to Issue Temporary Construction Right-of-Entry and Easement, Waimanalo Irrigation System, TMK (1) 4-1-024:069
4. Request for Approval to Extend Temporary Construction Right-of Entry Kahuku Agricultural Park, TMK (1) 5-6-05:09
5. Request for Authorization to Redefine the Boundaries of the Honokaa-Paauilo Irrigation System, Lower Hamakua Ditch, Island of Hawaii
D. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
1. Request that the Board of Agriculture relax the minimum export requirements for papayas, for the period December 19, 2004 through March 18, 2005, to allow export of properly labeled papayas that do not meet the maturity and soluble solids requirements of Hawaii No. 1 papaya.
E. ANIMAL INDUSTRY
1. Request for (1) Preliminary Approval to Adopt Proposed Amendments to Chapter 4-29, Hawaii Administrative Rules, entitled “Dogs, Cats, and Other Carnivores,” Relating to Rabies Quarantine and Concerning Definitions, Entry of Dogs, Cats, and Other Carnivores, Arrival Ports, Carrier Responsibility, Preshipment Requirements, Other Requirements, Removal from Animal Quarantine Stations, Fees, Criteria and Conditions for Service Dogs and Exempted Guide Dogs, and Arrival Requirements for Service Dogs and Exempted Guide Dogs, and (2) Authorization for the Chairperson to Schedule Public Hearings and Appoint One or More Hearings Officer.
F. NEW BUSINESS