Board Actions for 2-28-12 MeetingPosted on Feb 28, 2012 in Board Actions
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING
Date: February 28, 2012 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 1/30/12 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL LOAN DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct New Farmer Operating Loan to Ryan S. Shimada and Elizabeth G. Shimada, husband and wife
Disposition: Loans being processed for closing.
B. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Report on Disposition of Lease for Keahole Agricultural Park Lot
and Request for Approval to Award Lease and Issue Right-of-Entry
to the High Bidder of Keahole Agricultural Park Lot 31, Phase
Disposition: Applicant has been notified of the approval of the
award. The Right-of-Entry is being signed.
2. Request for Approval to Construct a Farm Dwelling
General Lease No. S-1010
Waianae Agricultural Park, Lot 10, Island of Oahu
Disposition: Applicant has been notified of the approval and
the conditions as well as the rental restriction.
3. Request for Conversion of General
Lease No. S-3758, Lot No. 10
Koolaupoko, Waimanalo, Island of Oahu
Disposition: New lease document is being drafted for the
deputy attorney general’s review.
4. Request to Rescind Prior Board Action Approving the Award
of Non-Agricultural Park Lands on Oahu
Disposition: Rescission of award letter was issued to Chris
V. NEW BUSINESS
- Review of Department of Agriculture responsibilities as found in the Hawaii Constitution and Hawaii Revised Statutes.
VI. ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING