Board Actions for 4-26-11 MeetingPosted on Apr 26, 2011 in Board Actions
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING
Date: April 26, 2011 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 3/22/11 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
- Request for Consent to Assignment of
General Lease No. S-1005
Waianae Agricultural Park, Lot 5, Island of Oahu
Disposition: The assignment documents have been executed and the transaction will close shortly.
2. Request for Permission to Submit a Request to
the Board of Land and Natural Resources to Withdraw
Governor’s Executive Order No. 2413 and to Re-set
Aside the Subject Property to the Department of
Agriculture for Non-Agricultural Park Lands Purposes
and to Extend the Term of General Lease No. S-3002
Lalamilo, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii
Disposition: Request dated May 4, 2011, to William Aila, Jr., DLNR,
was sent by Chairperson for withdrawal of EO 2413 and re-set aside
of lot for non-agricultural park lands purposes.
3. Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. 7173 to Randolph
Solomon and Issuance of Month-to-Month Revocable
Permit to Stephen a. DeLuz for Pasture Purposes; Kawela,
and Papaki, Hamakua, Island of Hawaii, TMK: 3rd Div/
Disposition: Revocable permit documents were sent to Steven
DeLuz on April 27, 2011 for execution. Awaiting return of
- PLANT INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Request to: (1) Allow the Importation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus, on the List of Nonrestricted Microorganisms, and John Cunningham Virus, an Unlisted Virus Determined to be Moderate Risk, by Special Permit, Both for Mice Inoculation Study by the University of Hawaii at Manoa; (2) Establish Permit Conditions to Allow the Importation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus, on the List of Nonrestricted Microorganisms, and John Cunningham Virus, an Unlisted Virus Determined to be Moderate Risk, by Special Permit, for Mice Inoculation Study by the University of Hawaii at Manoa; and (3) Amend Permit Conditions for Previously Approved Special Permits, to Expand the Purpose for Import of John Cunningham Virus, an Unlisted Virus Determined to be Moderate Risk, by the University of Hawaii at Manoa, from Laboratory Research to Include Mice Inoculation.
Disposition: Pending site inspection and approval.
V. NEW BUSINESS