Board Actions for 6-28-11 MeetingPosted on Jun 28, 2011 in Board Actions
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING
Date: June 28, 2011 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 5/24/11 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL LOAN DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Operating Loan to Kevi
and Khamla Lovan and K&L Produce LLC, Co-Borrowers
Disposition: Loan being processed for closing.
B. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Request for Authorization to Terminate General Lease No.
S-1018, Issue Cancellation Document, and Seek Concurrence to Withdraw Lot 18 from Governor’s Executive Order No. 3481,
Waianae Agricultural Park, Lot 18, Island of Oahu
Disposition: Lessee has been notified of terms of termination of lease. Cattle removal and cleanup are ongoing. Premises will be inspected before termination is finalized.
2. Request for Consent for Transfer of Stock of Hawaii Beef Producers LLC
General Lease Nos. S-7000, 7014, 7015, 7016
Hamakua Agricultural Park, Lots 1-3, Phase I, Island of Hawaii
Disposition: No action is required.
3. Request for Extension of General Lease No. S-3859
Lot Nos. 56-A & 56-B
Koolaupoko, Waimanalo, Island of Oahu
Disposition: Extension document is being drafted for the deputy
attorney general’s approval before being sent to the lessee for
4. Certification of Acreage Assessments for Waimea Irrigation System, 2011 Fiscal Year
5. Certification of Acreage Assessments for Waimanalo Irrigation System, 2011 Fiscal Year
6. Certification of Acreage Assessments for Kahuku Agricultural Park Irrigation System, 2011 Fiscal Year
7. Certification of Acreage Assessments for Molokai Irrigation System, 2011 Fiscal Year
8. Certification of Acreage Assessments for Honokaa-Paauilo Irrigation System, 2011 Fiscal Year
Action: Approval, Items 4-8 were taken together
Disposition: Annual acreage assessment certification notices
were mailed to all irrigation customers with their July 2011
V. NEW BUSINESS
VI. ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING