HDOA COVID-19 INFORMATIONPosted on May 1, 2020 in Main
Updated July 2, 2020
On March 17, 2020, Governor Ige announced emergency actions to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the State of Hawaii and ordered non-essential workers to not report to work and allowed some staff members to telework from home. Whether we are in the office or working remotely, the department continues to do our best to provide as much service as possible during this ongoing emergency period.
As of July 1, some of the staff returned to their offices; however, some services provided by the HDOA may still be impacted due to physical distancing concerns.
HDOA offices on Oahu remain physically accessible to the public; however, the situation may change as the COVID-19 emergency evolves. Updates will be posted on the HDOA homepage. In any case, it is still highly recommended that you call to make an appointment prior to coming to any office.
Some of HDOA’s neighbor island offices will be closed to physical public access on Kauai and Hawaii Island. The Maui Office on Mua Street is open during regular business hours. Again, please contact the appropriate office to make appointments ahead of time if you need assistance.
Staff will do their best to respond to phone calls and messages at the following numbers:
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 974-4141, Air Cargo 961-9393
- Pesticides: Education (808) 974-4143, or Enforcement 973-9413
- Plant Pest Control: Chemical/Mechanical (808) 974-4145, Bio-Control 974-4146, Apiary 974-4138, Hawaii Ant Lab 315-5656
- Agricultural Resource Management: (808) 974-4147
- Animal Disease Control: (808) 974-6503
- Quality Assurance: Commodities or Measurement Standards: (808) 974-6514
- Agricultural Loan Division: (808) 933-9977,
- Hawaii Agricultural Statistics Service: (808) 961-9496
- General Inquiries: (808) 974-4140
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 326-1077
- Commodities: (808) 323-7589
- Pesticides: (808) 323-7579
- Agricultural Loan Division: (808) 323-4571
- Animal Disease Control: (808) 873-3559
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 872-3848
- Pesticides: Education (808) 873-3078, or Enforcement 973-9413
- Plant Pest Control: Chemical/Mechanical (808) 873-3080, Bio-Control 873-3949
- Quality Assurance Division: Commodities (808) 873-3554
- General Inquiries: (808) 873-3555
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 241-7135
- Pesticides: (808) 241-7134 or (808) 635-8500
- Plant Pest Control: (808) 241-7132
- Quality Assurance Division, Commodities Branch: (808) 241-7133
- General Inquiries (Oahu): (808) 973-9560
To report an illegal animal, contact the State’s TOLL-FREE PEST HOTLINE at 643-PEST (7378)
If you have an urgent matter and are unable to reach your normal contacts, you may email [email protected] or call (808) 973-9560 and we will do our best to assist you.
Mahalo for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented emergency situation.
Remember to visit the Hawaii Department of Health COVID-19 website for continually updated information: https://hawaiicovid19.com/
Also visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2Fnovel-coronavirus-2019.html
Stay informed and stay healthy! It takes all of us to protect Hawaii!
Hawaii Department of Agriculture