HDOA COVID-19 INFORMATIONPosted on Mar 19, 2020 in Main
On March 17, 2020, Governor Ige announced emergency actions to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the State of Hawaii and ordered non-essential state workers to not report to work from March 20th to at least April 3rd. Consequently, some services provided by the Hawaii Department of Agriculture may be temporarily curtailed. Whether we are in the office or working remotely, the department will try our best to provide as much service as possible during this emergency period.
HDOA offices on Oahu will try to remain physically accessible to the public; however, the situation may change as the COVID-19 emergency evolves. Updates will be posted on the HDOA homepage. In any case, it is highly recommended that you call to make an appointment prior to coming to any office.
Beginning March 20th, the office doors will be closed at our neighbor island offices on Maui, Kauai and Hawaii Island.
Please contact the appropriate office to make appointments ahead of time if you need urgent assistance.
Staff will do their best to respond to phone calls and messages at the following numbers:
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 974-4141, Air Cargo 961-9393
- Pesticides: Education (808) 974-4143, or Enforcement 973-9413
- Plant Pest Control: Chemical/Mechanical (808) 974-4145, Bio-Control 974-4146, Apiary 974-4138, Hawaii Ant Lab 315-5656
- Agricultural Resource Management: (808) 974-4147
- Animal Disease Control: (808) 974-6503
- Quality Assurance: Commodities or Measurement Standards: (808) 974-6514
- Agricultural Loan Division: (808) 933-9977,
- Hawaii Agricultural Statistics Service: (808) 961-9496
- General Inquiries: (808) 974-4140
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 326-1077
- Commodities: (808) 323-7589
- Pesticides: (808) 323-7579
- Agricultural Loan Division: (808) 323-4571
- Animal Disease Control: (808) 873-3559
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 872-3848
- Pesticides: Education (808) 873-3078, or Enforcement 973-9413
- Plant Pest Control: Chemical/Mechanical (808) 873-3080, Bio-Control 873-3949
- Quality Assurance Division: Commodities (808) 873-3554
- General Inquiries: (808) 873-3555
- Plant Quarantine: (808) 241-7135
- Pesticides: (808) 241-7134 or (808) 635-8500
- Plant Pest Control: (808) 241-7132
- Quality Assurance Division, Commodities Branch: (808) 241-7133
- General Inquiries (Oahu): (808) 973-9560
To report an illegal animal, contact the State’s TOLL-FREE PEST HOTLINE at 643-PEST (7378)
If you have an urgent matter and are unable to reach your normal contacts, you may email [email protected] or call (808) 973-9560 and we will do our best to assist you.
Mahalo for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented emergency situation.
Remember to visit the Hawaii Department of Health COVID-19 website for continually updated information: https://hawaiicovid19.com/
Also visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2Fnovel-coronavirus-2019.html
Stay informed and stay healthy! It takes all of us to protect Hawaii!
Hawaii Department of Agriculture