List of Approved Genetics:
- For Importation with HDOA’s assistance
- Yuma $13-17/lb +shipping and fees
- Puma $17-20/lb +shipping and fees
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Certified Seed
- Association of Seed Certifying Agencies (AOSCA) Certified Seed
- From HDOA Seed Development Program:
- Otto 18 $30/oz
- Ka’u 18x $30/oz
- Ka’u 18xx $75/oz
- Ka’u 18xxx $30/oz
For further information on available genetics, click here.
Information on Yuma:
- Yuma is a fiber/grain varietal and should be grown outdoor in field. WARNING: a full flower test of Yuma grown in Hawaii in pots in a greenhouse with some supplemental lighting during the winter period resulted in a total THC level of 0.43%. Tests of the genetic in outdoor grows in Malawi and NSW Australia seem to indicate that grown outdoor in field, Yuma should perform at around 0.2% total THC.
- Physical characteristics: quick vertical growth, can get to be 10-15 feet in height.
- Growth period: 120-180 days. Flowering period: 40-90 days.
- Seeding rate:
- 12 pounds per acre for seed production: this rate allows more branching.
- 20 pounds per acre for dense fibrous growth.
- Yield rate estimates for a seeding rate of 20 lbs/acre:*
- Grain/seed: 1000-1700 lbs per acre
- Dry biomass: 4.5-5.5 tons per acre.
* these yield rates are from experienced commercial grows in China, growing in Hawaii may result in very different yields.