- Hawai`i Beekeepers’ Association (O`ahu) President: Anthony Maxfield
- Big Island Beekeepers Association (BIBA) President: Peggy Beckett
- Kaua`i Beekeepers Association (KBEE)
Attn: Jimmy Trujillo, KauaiBuzz blog
Kaua`i Beekeepers Association at Kaua`i Community College
3-1901 Kaumualii Hwy.
Lihu`e, HI 96766
- UH Manoa Bee Project
- UH Hilo Honey Bee Project
- A History of Honey Bees in the Hawaiian Islands – this is an excellent article that tells the history of bees in Hawai`i, island by island!
- Hoʻōla Honey– swarm and structural removals on Big Island.
- Beelieve Hawaii– education, removals, & swarms catch services on O’ahu.
- Hawaiian Meli– bee removals, trap outs, and swarm catch services on O’ahu.
- Hawaiian Honey Bee Coop (O`ahu)
Email: Howard McGinnis
P.O. Box 6523, Kane`ohe, HI 96744
- Paradise Nectar Apiaries– specializing in top-bar beekeeping and education on Hawaii Island.
- The University of Florida Honey Bee Research and Extension Lab has some excellent videos about honey bee pests and diseases – they can be found on this page. Browse around this website for all kinds of good information.
- The Texas Apiary Inspection Service has many wonderful beekeeping resources on their website that applies to Hawaii Beekeeping. Check out their videos and webpages here.
Do it yourself beekeeping guides:
- The “What” and ‘How” of Beekeeping in Hawai`i by Lorna Tsusumi at UH Hilo
- Varroa Mite Detection and Sampling by the UH Honeybee Varroa Project
- Woodworking plans to build a variety of beehives by woodworkersworkshop.com
A list of books recommended by the New York City Beekeepers Association:
- The Beekeeper’s Handbook by Alphonse Avitabile & Diana Sammataro (2006)
- Beekeeping for Dummies by Howland Blackiston (2009)
- First Lessons in Beekeeping by Keith S. Delaplane (2007)
- Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture by Ross Conrad (2007)
- The ABC & XYZ of Bee Culture: An Encyclopedia Pertaining to the Scientific and Practical Culture of Honey Bees
- The Backyard Beekeeper: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide by Kim Flottum (2010)
- Beekeeping: A Practical Guide by Richard E. Bonney (1993)
- The Hive and the Honey Bee by L.L. Langstroth (1853)
- Biology of the Honey Bee by Mark L. Winston (1991)
- Honey Plants of North America by John H. Lovell (1926)
Archives of Hawai`i Bee, our Apiary Program’s quarterly newsletter
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Winter 2016
- Spring 2015
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Winter 2014
- Fall 2013
- Summer 2013
- Spring 2013
- Winter 2013
- Fall 2012
- Summer 2012
- Spring 2012
- Winter 2012
Random stuff we are enjoying lately / bee news of the world
- Spoonful of honey helps children’s coughs – familes slept better after hacking kids took honey compared to placebo
- Honey hunters of Nepal – beautful and amazing images from photographer Eric Valli
- Honey makes the world go ’round – an article about the work of Bees Without Borders
- Jennifer Lopez’s Boyfriend Casper Was A Busy Bee Before They Met – an odd Hagen-Dazs ad with dancers in bee suits
- Choosy bees prefer a working class habitat – in the UK, poorer neighbourhoods have more bee-friendly plants