2021-Mar-04 — Notice of Available LandsPosted on Mar 4, 2021 in Main
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 4, 2021
Notice of Available Lands
HONOLULU — The State of Hawaii Agribusiness Development Corporation (ADC) is now accepting applications from interested farmers and cattle ranchers seeking land for agricultural production and pastoral use. All interested applicants can review the lands and obtain an application via the links below, or they may contact the ADC office at (808) 586-0186. Office hours are 8:45 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, except holidays. Applications are due in our office by Tuesday, April 27, 2021 before 2:00 PM.
A site visit of the available parcels will be held on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. This will be the only site visit. However, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we may schedule multiple site visits on that day to comply with the state’s rules and regulations. Interested applicants wishing to attend the site visit should RSVP at least 24 hours prior.
The ADC has available vacant lands for agricultural production on Oahu, identified as Tax Map Keys: 6-4-003-016, 6-4-004-006 & 008, 7-1-001-005, 7-1-001-012, 7-1-002-034 and 006, 7-1-002-041, 046, & 047, and 9-5-003-007 (see below “General Map of Available Lands”). Multi-year licenses to farm these lands or occupy for pastural use will be issued based on merit. All applications will be rated and only the highest-rated applicants will be selected. Cattle ranchers may apply for the available parcels, however, preference will be given to crop farmers. Accordingly, we are seeking farmers and ranchers with the following prerequisites:
- Minimum 5 years farming experience; or
- Owner-operator of an established farm conducting a substantial farming or cattle ranching operation
It is highly preferred, but not required, that applicants be trained and certified in food safety and Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs).
All applications will be rated 0-100 points based on the following questions:
- Does the applicant have farming experience? (Max score: 15)
- Do the crops selected appeal to consumers and will they generate profit? (Max score: 20)
- Has the applicant demonstrated adequate financial ability? (Max score: 40)
- Has the applicant demonstrated adequate goals and strategies in their business plan to achieve them? (Max score: 15)
- Does the applicant’s operation meet basic regulatory requirements and industry standards regarding safety and sanitation? (Max score: 10)
# # #