The Whitmore Project
The Whitmore Project encompasses all ADC activities to revitalize agriculture in the Wahiawa area.
Solutions That The Whitmore Project Provides
- Agriculture-Technology Park to house software and manufacturing companies that develop technology and equipment for farmers.
- Agriculture land to be available where farmers could obtain long-term leases to invest in their company.
- Rent credits to be considered for farmers per agreements with ADC.
- A centralized location to decrease costs, time of transportation, and shipping.
- Existing facilities to be retrofitted to comply with the handling, preparation, and storage regulations.
- Arable land to be converted into active land and achieve scale and diversity of products.
- Co-op opportunities to leverage the high cost of equipment and supplies.
- Workforce housing to be developed to encourage farm labor participation.
- Public-private partnerships to be explored to incentivize participation in agricultural development.