Board Actions for 08-26-08 MeetingPosted on Aug 26, 2008 in Board Actions
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING
Date: August 26, 2008 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 6/24/08 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
IV. “Executive Session with Legal Counsel regarding Chapter 343, HRS, (Hawaii Environmental Protection Act) Requirements.”
V. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL LOAN DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Emergency Operating Loan to F. E. Traje Farm, Inc.
2. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Emergency Operating Loan to Turf & Shrub Care Hawaii, Inc. and Stanley Miranda dba Waiahole Botanicals (co-borrowers)
3. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Real Estate Loan to Philip Davies
4. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Operating Loan to Puna Orchids, Inc.
B. ANIMAL INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. (1) Request for Approval to Adopt Proposed Amendments to Chapter 4-29, Hawaii Administrative Rules, entitled “Dogs, Cats, and Other Carnivores,” Relating to Rabies Quarantine and Concerning Objective, Definitions, Entry of Dogs, Cats and Other Carnivores, Arrival Ports, Carrier Responsibility, Preshipment Requirements, Other Requirements, Movement of Dogs and Cats Originating in Hawaii, Disposition of Newborns, Fees, and Guide and Service Dogs; and (2) Submission of Hearings Officer’s Summary of Public Hearings Testimony on Proposed Amendments to Chapter 4-29, and Hearings Officer’s Recommendations
C. PLANT INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Request to (1) Allow the Importation of Sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria), aka Alaska Black Cod, Butterfish for Aquaculture Production and Commercial Viability Research (2) Establish Permit Conditions for the Importation of Sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria), aka Alaska Black Cod, Butterfish for Aquaculture Production and Commercial Viability Research.
D. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
1. Request for Final Approval and Adoption of Proposed Amendment to Section 4-60-10, Hawaii Administrative Rules, entitled “Minimum Prices in the Hawaii milk shed”.
VI. NEW BUSINESS