Report Farm Damage and Losses

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 in Main

Hawaii farmers and ranchers who have suffered storm damage are encouraged to contact their nearest USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) to report the damages.  FSA is conducting a preliminary damage assessment to determine whether federal assistance and a Secretarial Disaster Declaration is warranted.

The following are FSA programs:

United States Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency (FSA) has available the following programs (also see the attached fact sheets) which may assist agricultural producers who were negatively impacted by Hurricane Iselle:

  • Farm Loan Programs offers a range of low-interest loan programs to assist producers.  Additionally, producers with existing loans with FSA should contact their loan officer once they anticipate having problems making their regular payments, as FSA may be able to modify their payment schedule or meet other needs.
  • For more information about FSA’s programs including what you need to do in advance of the next disaster visit or for a more comprehensive look at USDA disaster assistance visit:

To find your nearest FSA office, go to:


In addition, the HDOA Agricultural Loan Division reminds farmers to contact their nearest office if they need emergency loan assistance to help them recover from storm damage and crop losses.  Here is a link to HDOA’s Agricultural Loan Division webpage:

Domingo banana patch (headline)