Ag Park – Minimum Qualifications
There are minimum qualifications that must be met by those interested in agricultural park lots, which are listed below. Applicants must satisfy one of the requirements under 1, 2, or 3 as well as 4, 5, and 6 below:
1. Applicant shall be a Bona Fide Farmer who: Was an owner-operator of an established farm conducting a substantial farming operation and for a substantial period of the person’s life resided on a farm or depended on farm income for livelihood; or Has not less than two years experience as a full-time farmer or four years experience as a part-time farmer and who, in the administrator’s judgement, is likely to successfully operate a farm by reason of ability, experience and training as a vocational trainee.
2. Applicant shall be a New Farmer who shall farm full-time and who is: a college or community college graduate in agriculture or aquaculture who has less than two years experience as a full-time farmer or less than four years experience as a part-time farmer; and a person who by reason of ability, experience and training as a vocational trainee is likely to successfully operate a farm, as determined by the administrator.
3. Applicant shall be a Qualified Aquaculturist who is a person, or association of persons, actively engaged in aquaculture farming, aquacultural produce processing, or aquacultural product development activities.
4. Applicant shall be a citizen of the United States who has resided in the State for at least three years, or a permanent status alien who has resided in the State for at least five years.
5. Applicant shall not have had during the five years preceding the date of disposition a previous sale, lease, license, permit, or easement covering public lands canceled for failure to satisfy the terms and conditions thereof.
6. Applicant shall not be in arrears in the payment of taxes or other obligations to the State of Hawaii or to any of its Counties.