USDA Seafood Processors Pandemic Response and Safety Block Grant ProgramPosted on Mar 24, 2022 in Main
The Hawai`i Department of Agriculture is administering the USDA Seafood Processors Pandemic Response and Safety Block Grant Program. This program is designed to provide relief to seafood processors who incurred costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
HDOA received $200,000 to reimburse costs associated with the following categories:
- Workplace Safety Measures: Workplace safety measures, including, but not limited to, personal protective equipment, sanitizer, hand washing stations, air filters, thermometers, cleaning supplies, or similar items.
- Market Pivots: Market pivots such as transition to virtual/online sales costs (online platform development and fees, online marketing, credit card processing fees), supplies, new signage.
- Retrofitting Facilities: Retrofitting facilities for worker and consumer safety (retrofitting harvester vessels for onboard vessel processing to maximize open-air activities, plexiglass, walk-up windows, heat lamps, fans, tents, propane, weights, tables, chairs).
- Transportation: Additional transportation costs incurred to maintain social distancing.
- Worker Housing: Additional worker housing costs incurred to maintain social distancing or to allow for quarantining of new or exposed employees.
- Medical: Unreimbursed costs associated with providing or enabling vaccinations, testing, or healthcare treatment of infected employees, including any paid leave.
Eligible costs must have been incurred between January 27, 2020 and December 31, 2021. Processor eligibility is limited to those companies regulated under the Department of Health’s Food Safety Branch Program. The deadline to submit applications is May 1, 2022.
- For information on this USDA grant program, link here: https://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/files/2022/03/2021-Pandemic-Seafood-Processors-Relief-RFA-FINAL.pdf
- Fact Sheet: https://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/files/2022/03/FY-2021-Seafood-Processors-Pandemic-Response-Fact-Sheet-v3.pdf
- Application – Form A: https://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/files/2022/03/FY-2021-Seafood-Processors-Pandemic-Response-Form-A-v3.pdf
- Summary of Invoices – Form B – https://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/files/2022/03/FY-2021-Seafood-Processors-Pandemic-Response-Form-B-v1.xlsx
Please contact Liz Akina at 808.483.7104 or [email protected] for questions.
|HDOA is committed to maintaining an environment free from discrimination, retaliation, or harassment on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability, or any other class as protected under federal or state law, with respect to any program or activity.
For more information, including language accessibility and filing a complaint, please contact the HDOA Non-Discrimination Coordinator at (808) 973-9560, or visit HDOA’s website at https://hdoa.hawaii.gov/.
To request translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, or other auxiliary aids or services for this document, contact the HDOA Office of the Chairperson at (808) 973-9560 or email [email protected]