Market Development Branch
The mission of the Market Development Branch is to facilitate the development of the agricultural industry, consisting of commodity groups of agricultural producers and food processors, through the expansion of new and existing markets. This branch assists Hawaii producers by sponsoring or participating in numerous projects and activities.
TRADE SHOWS & EVENTS
HDOA coordinates following trade shows in Hawaii, mainland and global markets in 2017.
- Foodex JAPAN 2017, March 7-10 (Tokyo, Japan) Application Deadline: 12/19
- National Restaurant Association – NRA Show, May 20-23 (Chicago, IL) Application Deadline: 12/19
- The Int’l Food Ingredients & Additives Expo, May 24-26 (Tokyo, Japan)
- Hawaii Lodging, Hospitality and Foodservice Expo, July 12-13 (Honolulu, HI)
- PMA Fresh Summit, October 20-21 (New Orleans, LA)
Use a quick & easy on-line booth application form to express your intention to participate. One of our representatives will contact you to discuss about qualification and application fee. APPLY NOW!
- USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP)
- USDA Organic Cost Sharing Program
- HDOA Sponsorship Product Promotion (SPP)
- SBA Hawaii State Trade Expansion Program (HiSTEP)
We work with Western United States Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA). We help agribusinesses explore, enter and expand into the global market place
LIST OF WUSATA ACTIVITIES FOR 2017 (TBA)
- Gulf Food Show, Dubai (February)
- HOFEX, Hong Kong (May)
- JAPAN Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (June)
- KOREA Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (July)
- ASEAN Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (August)
- Taiwan Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (August)
- Canada Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (September)
For more information on those activities, check WUSATA website.
Hawaii Agricultural and Food Products Directory : A database of Hawaii agricultural producers and products
Farmers’ Market Listing : The most comprehensive listing of farmers’ markets around the state.
Provides data for local farmers who wish to grow and replace these imported foods.
Funding provided through an HDOA grant for high school students to help promote local foods in in-store sampling activities.
A listing of future ag-related events
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE:
- a Hawaii producer of an agricultural product or a manufacturer of a food product looking for promotional assistance or a market for your product, or
- a company wanting to be included or update information in our Hawaii Agriculture & Food Products Directory; fill out our Product Registration Form, or
- an individual or firm engaged in marketing an agriculture or food product from Hawaii and needing marketing information, or
- a non-profit agricultural or food manufacturing commodity association needing assistance in generic product promotion.
Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Development Division
Market Development Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI, 96814-2512
Phone: (808) 973-9595
Fax: (808) 973-9590