Market Development Branch
The mission of the Market Development Branch is to facilitate the development of the agricultural industry, consisting of commodity groups of agricultural producers and food processors, through the expansion of new and existing markets. This branch assists Hawaii producers by sponsoring or participating in numerous projects and activities.
Hawaii heavily depends on imported food. We need to increase local production and food security. Keep our money and jobs in Hawaii. We promote “Buy Local It Matters” campaign!
|“Seal of Quality” Branding Program. True Hawaii-grown or Hawaii-made premium products with over 51% Hawaii ingredients will qualify for the program. Asian market loves official credential.
|Differentiate Hawaii products from products made elsewhere yet called Made in Hawaii. 51% or more cost must be incurred in the state
Looking for sources of Hawaii-Grown, Hawaii-Made agricultural products?
HDOA has upgraded the searchable database of local farmers, vendors and products. To access the database, click here.
If you have a Hawaii-grown or Hawaii-made product and would like to be added to this listing, click here.
SPECIALTY CROP BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM DEADLINE IS FEB. 15!
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program is Friday, Feb. 15 at noon.
To view the request for proposals go to:
SPECIALTY CROP BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM (SCBGP) – FARM BILL, FY 2019 REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
For more information call the Market Development Branch at (808) 973-9573.
DISH ALOHA VIDEOS
Anissa Estrella, former staff member of the Market Development Branch, produced several videos to promote locally grown and produced foods. To view the videos, click here.
EAT LOCAL CAMPAIGN ON HI NOW
BUY LOCAL, IT MATTERS PSAs
A new public service announcements are currently running on Spectrum cable channels.
To view the PSAs, click here.
TRADE SHOWS & EVENTS
HDOA coordinates following trade shows in Hawaii, mainland and global markets in 2018.
Use a quick & easy on-line booth application form to express your intention to participate. One of our representatives will contact you to discuss about qualification and application fee. APPLY NOW!
LIST OF WUSATA ACTIVITIES FOR 2018
We work with Western United States Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA). We help agribusinesses explore, enter and expand into the global market place
- Food and Hotel Asia, Singapore (April)
- ASEAN/Australia Inbound Mission to Fancy Food Show San Francisco (TBA)
- JAPAN Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (July)
- KOREA Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (July)
- ASEAN/Australia Inbound Mission to Honolulu (TBA)
- CHINA Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (TBA)
- TAIWAN Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (TBA)
- Outbound Trade Mission to JAPAN (TBA)
- Outbound Trade Mission to KOREA (TBA)
- Outbound Trade Mission to TAIWAN (TBA)
For more information on those activities, check WUSATA website: https://www.wusata.org/
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE:
Hawaii producer of an agricultural product or a manufacturer of a food product looking for promotional assistance or a market for your product, or:
- company wanting to be included or update information in our Hawaii Agriculture & Food Products Directory; fill out our Product Registration Form, or
- an individual or firm engaged in marketing an agriculture or food product from Hawaii and needing marketing information, or
- a non-profit agricultural or food manufacturing commodity association needing assistance in generic product promotion.
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Development Division
Market Development Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI, 96814-2512
- Phone: (808) 973-9595
Fax: (808) 973-9590