Market Development Branch
The mission of the Market Development Branch is to facilitate the development of the agricultural industry, consisting of commodity groups of agricultural producers and food processors, through the expansion of new and existing markets. This branch assists Hawaii producers by sponsoring or participating in numerous projects and activities.
Looking for sources of Hawaii-Grown, Hawaii-Made agricultural products?
HDOA has upgraded the searchable database of local farmers, vendors and products.
If you have a Hawaii-grown or Hawaii-made product and would like to be added to this listing please go to this database.
2019 NATIONAL RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION
The Market Development Branch sponsored a few Hawaii companies at the National Restaurant Association expo May 18 to 21, 2019 in Chicago.
View some photos from the show.
SPECIALTY CROP BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM DEADLINE IS FEB. 15!
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program is Friday, Feb. 15 at noon.
To view the request for proposals go to:
For more information call the Market Development Branch at (808) 973-9573.
DISH ALOHA VIDEOS
Anissa Estrella, former staff member of the Market Development Branch, produced several videos to promote locally grown and produced foods. View the videos.
EAT LOCAL CAMPAIGN ON HI NOW
BUY LOCAL, IT MATTERS PSAs
HDOA has produced several public service announcements for the Buy Local, It Matters campaign to encourage consumers to increase their consumption of locally grown foods and to support our Hawaii farmers.
View the PSAs.
TRADE SHOWS & EVENTS
HDOA coordinates following trade shows in Hawaii, mainland and global markets in 2018.
- National Restaurant Association – NRA Show 2019, May 18-21 (Chicago, IL) Application Deadline: 1/31/19
- International Food Ingredients and Additives Expo 2019, May 22-24 (Tokyo, Japan) Application Deadline: 1/31/19
- Hawaii Lodging, Hospitality and Foodservice Expo, July 10-11 (Honolulu, HI) Application Deadline: 4/30/19
Use a quick & easy on-line booth application form to express your intention to participate. One of our representatives will contact you to discuss about qualification and application fee. APPLY NOW!
- USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP)
- USDA Organic Cost Sharing Program
- HDOA Sponsorship Product Promotion (SPP)
LIST OF WUSATA ACTIVITIES FOR 2019
We work with Western United States Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA). We help agribusinesses explore, enter and expand into the global market place
- Outbound Trade Mission to Japan (June 4-7)
- Korea Inbound Trade Mission in Honolulu (Aug. 1-2)
- Canada Nursery Inbound Mission in Hilo (Aug.7) and Maui (Aug. 8)
- ASEAN Inbound Mission in Honolulu (Aug. 16-17)
- Outbound Trade Mission to Korea (Sep. 30-Oct.2)
For more information on those activities, check WUSATA website: https://www.wusata.org/
- Buy Local, It Matters Vegetable and Fruits Seasonality Chart
- Hawaii Agriculture and Food Products Directory : A database of Hawaii agricultural producers and products
- Farmers’ Market Listing : The most comprehensive listing of farmers’ markets around the state.
- Buy Local, It Matters – Eat Local Food Hacks
- Top 10 Imported Commodities to Hawaii – Provides data for local farmers who wish to grow and replace these imported foods.
- Ag Calendar – A listing of future ag-related events
- Breadfruit- From Tree to Consumer (2014)
- Breadfruit Marketing Materials
- Breadfruit Informational Video
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE:
Hawaii producer of an agricultural product or a manufacturer of a food product looking for promotional assistance or a market for your product, or:
- company wanting to be included or update information in our Hawaii Agriculture & Food Products Directory; fill out our Product Registration Form, or
- an individual or firm engaged in marketing an agriculture or food product from Hawaii and needing marketing information, or
- a non-profit agricultural or food manufacturing commodity association needing assistance in generic product promotion.
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Development Division
Market Development Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI, 96814-2512
- Phone: (808) 973-9595
Fax: (808) 973-9590