Market Development Branch
The mission of the Market Development Branch is to facilitate the development of the agricultural industry, consisting of commodity groups of agricultural producers and food processors, through the expansion of new and existing markets. This branch assists Hawaii producers by sponsoring or participating in numerous projects and activities.
Looking for sources of Hawaii-Grown, Hawaii-Made agricultural products?
HDOA has upgraded the searchable database of local farmers, vendors and products. To access the database, click here.
If you have a Hawaii-grown or Hawaii-made product and would like to be added to this listing, click here.
SPECIALTY CROP BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM 2018 (NEW!)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP-18-01-ADD) Application Guidelines
Request for Proposals Posted December 18, 2017
Deadline for Submissions 12:00 Noon, Friday, February 23, 2018
Notice of Award (estimated) March 26, 2018 Funding Available (estimated) January 2019
To view the application guidelines, click here.
NEW BUY LOCAL, IT MATTERS PSAs
A new public service announcements are currently running on Spectrum cable channels.
To view the PSAs, click here.
TRADE SHOWS & EVENTS
HDOA coordinates following trade shows in Hawaii, mainland and global markets in 2018.
- International Food Ingredients and Additives Expo 2018, May 16-18 (Tokyo, Japan) Application Deadline: 1/31/18
- National Restaurant Association – NRA Show 2018, May 19-22 (Chicago, IL) Application Deadline: 12/20/17
- Hawaii Lodging, Hospitality and Foodservice Expo, July 11-12 (Honolulu, HI) Application Deadline: 3/31/18
- PMA Fresh Summit, October 18-20 (Orlando, FL) Application Deadline: 3/31/18
Use a quick & easy on-line booth application form to express your intention to participate. One of our representatives will contact you to discuss about qualification and application fee. APPLY NOW!
- USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP)
- USDA Organic Cost Sharing Program
- HDOA Sponsorship Product Promotion (SPP)
LIST OF WUSATA ACTIVITIES FOR 2018
We work with Western United States Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA). We help agribusinesses explore, enter and expand into the global market place
- Food and Hotel Asia, Singapore (April)
- ASEAN/Australia Inbound Mission to Fancy Food Show San Francisco (TBA)
- JAPAN Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (July)
- KOREA Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (July)
- ASEAN/Australia Inbound Mission to Honolulu (TBA)
- CHINA Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (TBA)
- TAIWAN Inbound Buyers Mission to Honolulu (TBA)
- Outbound Trade Mission to JAPAN (TBA)
- Outbound Trade Mission to KOREA (TBA)
- Outbound Trade Mission to TAIWAN (TBA)
For more information on those activities, check WUSATA website: https://www.wusata.org/
- Buy Local, It Matters Vegetable and Fruits Seasonality Chart
- Hawaii Agriculture and Food Products Directory : A database of Hawaii agricultural producers and products
- Farmers’ Market Listing : The most comprehensive listing of farmers’ markets around the state.
- Buy Local, It Matters – Eat Local Food Hacks
- Top 10 Imported Commodities to Hawaii – Provides data for local farmers who wish to grow and replace these imported foods.
- Ag Calendar – A listing of future ag-related events
- Breadfruit- From Tree to Consumer (2014)
- Breadfruit Marketing Materials
- Breadfruit Informational Video
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE:
Hawaii producer of an agricultural product or a manufacturer of a food product looking for promotional assistance or a market for your product, or:
- company wanting to be included or update information in our Hawaii Agriculture & Food Products Directory; fill out our Product Registration Form, or
- an individual or firm engaged in marketing an agriculture or food product from Hawaii and needing marketing information, or
- a non-profit agricultural or food manufacturing commodity association needing assistance in generic product promotion.
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Development Division
Market Development Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI, 96814-2512
- Phone: (808) 973-9595
Fax: (808) 973-9590