Market Development Branch
The mission of the Market Development Branch is to facilitate the development of the agricultural industry, consisting of commodity groups of agricultural producers and food processors, through the expansion of new and existing markets. This branch assists Hawaii producers by sponsoring or participating in numerous projects and activities.
- Hawaii Lodging, Hospitality and Foodservice Expo – July 9 – 10, Blaisdell CenterConcert Hall
HDOA will be hosting 8 Hawaii companies at this expo. To see a list of participatine companies, click here.
- 8th Annual Avocado Festival – Kona – April 5
- Ulu Field Day on Feb. 7 in Mililani
PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Requests for Proposals Open for Specialty Crop Grants - Deadline for submission is May 30, 2014 *NEW*
- Hawaii Agricultural and Food Products Directory – A database of Hawaii agricultural producers and products
- Farmers’ Market Listing – the most comprehensive listing of farmers’ markets around the state.
- Seals of Quality - represents the cream of the crop of Hawaii’s agricultural producers
- Buy Local, It Matters Campaign - aims to encourage residents to support Hawaii farmers by making conscious decisions to purchase locally grown produce
- Island Fresh Product Availability Chart
- USDA National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program for interested organic producers or handlers
- Western United States Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA) projects – Export assistance for 13 states in Western U.S. region.
- Hawaii State Farm fair exhibits and County fairs on each of the Neighbor Islands
- product promotion programs with commodity groups such as tropical flowers, coffee, pineapple, papaya, nursery plants and manufactured foods
- market research
REPORTS FUNDED BY THE MARKET DEVELOPMENT BRANCH
- *NEW* Breadfruit- From Tree to Consumer (2014)
*NEW* Breadfruit Marketing Materials
*NEW* Breadfruit Informational Video
HDOA coordinates trade shows on the Mainland, Japan, Canada and Europe
- Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit & Expo - Ernest Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana – October 18 – 20, 2013
- Tokyo International Gift Show - HDOA lead a contingency of Hawaii Seals of Quality members at Japan’s largest trade show in February 2012.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE:
- a Hawaii producer of an agricultural product or a manufacturer of a food product looking for promotional assistance or a market for your product, or
- a company wanting to be included or update information in our Hawaii Agriculture & Food Products Directory; fill out our Product Registration Form, or
- an individual or firm engaged in marketing an agriculture or food product from Hawaii and needing marketing information, or
- a non-profit agricultural or food manufacturing commodity association needing assistance in generic product promotion.
Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Development Division
Market Development Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI, 96814-2512
Phone: (808) 973-9595
Fax: (808) 973-9590