Market Development Branch
The mission of the Market Development Branch is to facilitate the development of the agricultural industry, consisting of commodity groups of agricultural producers and food processors, through the expansion of new and existing markets. This branch assists Hawaii producers by sponsoring or participating in numerous projects and activities.
Looking for sources of Hawaii-Grown, Hawaii-Made agricultural products?
HDOA has upgraded the searchable database of local farmers, vendors and products.
If you have a Hawaii-grown or Hawaii-made product and would like to be added to this listing please go to this database.
New land availability fact sheet available for all islands
GoFarm Hawai‘i and The Kohala Center collaborated to publish a land availability fact sheet to help farmers identify land they can lease or purchase in every county. The fact sheet is available to view and download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B56HBPH-y_7pTTcwV0p2N0lqeWFCXzJGci1FejlHalJuRFlF/view
DISH ALOHA VIDEOS
Anissa Estrella, former staff member of the Market Development Branch, produced several videos to promote locally grown and produced foods. View the videos.
EAT LOCAL CAMPAIGN ON HI NOW
BUY LOCAL, IT MATTERS PSAs
HDOA has produced several public service announcements for the Buy Local, It Matters campaign to encourage consumers to increase their consumption of locally grown foods and to support our Hawaii farmers.
View the PSAs.
TRADE SHOWS & EVENTS
HDOA Coordinates the following trade shows in Hawaii, mainland and global markets in 2020.Don’t miss this golden opportunity to be a part of Hawaii Pavilion in the major food trade shows!
- FOODEX JAPAN 2020, March 10-13, 2020, Chiba, Japan Application Deadline: 11/30/19
- International Food Ingredients & Additives Exhibition and Conference, IFIA JAPAN 2020, April 22-24, Tokyo, Japan Application Deadline: 12/31/19
- National Restaurant Association Show, NRA Show 2020, May 16-19, Chicago, IL Application Deadline: 12/31/19
- Hawaii Lodging, Hospitality and Foodservice Expo, July 8-9, Honolulu, HI Application Deadline: 3/31/20
- PMA Fresh Summit Convention + Expo 2020, October 15-17, Dallas, TX Application Deadline: 1/15/20
Use a quick & easy on-line booth application form to express your intention to participate. One of our representatives will contact you to discuss about qualification and application fee. APPLY NOW!
- Request for Proposals for Import Replacement Specialty Crop Program (NEW!)
- USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP)
- USDA Organic Cost Sharing Program
- HDOA Sponsorship Product Promotion (SPP)
LIST OF WUSATA ACTIVITIES FOR 2020
We work with Western United States Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA). We help agribusinesses explore, enter and expand into the global market place
- Outbound Trade Mission to Taiwan (June 1-5)
- Japan Inbound Trade Mission to CO & HI (June 22-26,)
- Korea Inbound Trade Mission to OR & HI (June 22-26)
- Taiwan Inbound Trade Mission to WA, HI (Aug 18-22)
- China Inbound Trade Mission to OR, HI (Sep 14-18)
- Outbound Trade Mission to Japan (Nov 9-13)
For more information on those activities, check WUSATA website: https://www.wusata.org/
- Buy Local, It Matters Vegetable and Fruits Seasonality Chart
- Hawaii Agriculture and Food Products Directory : A database of Hawaii agricultural producers and products
- Farmers’ Market Listing : The most comprehensive listing of farmers’ markets around the state.
- Buy Local, It Matters – Eat Local Food Hacks
- Top 10 Imported Commodities to Hawaii – Provides data for local farmers who wish to grow and replace these imported foods.
- Ag Calendar – A listing of future ag-related events
- Breadfruit- From Tree to Consumer (2014)
- Breadfruit Marketing Materials
- Breadfruit Informational Video
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE:
Hawaii producer of an agricultural product or a manufacturer of a food product looking for promotional assistance or a market for your product, or:
- company wanting to be included or update information in our Hawaii Agriculture & Food Products Directory; fill out our Product Registration Form, or
- an individual or firm engaged in marketing an agriculture or food product from Hawaii and needing marketing information, or
- a non-profit agricultural or food manufacturing commodity association needing assistance in generic product promotion.
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Development Division
Market Development Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI, 96814-2512
- Phone: (808) 973-9595
Fax: (808) 973-9590
E-mail: [email protected]