Re-Entry Fee Requirements
*Note: The Re-Entry Fee will not apply for an entry when either the blood test or rabies vaccination is administered again to qualify for the 5 Day Or Less program/Airport Release.
Re-Entry Fee Requirements: To qualify for the reduced “Re-entry” fee for Direct Airport Release or 5 Day Or Less quarantine, a pet must have:
- Qualified for, and been directly released from, the Honolulu International Airport on a previous arrival within the 36 month period that the most recent OIE-FAVN blood test and rabies vaccination used for the previous entry are still valid
- The Animal Quarantine Station has received all pertinent rabies vaccination certificates, and forms, AQS-279 (after Aug. 31, 2018) Dog & Cat Import Form and blood test results used to qualify the pet for the previous entry.
- ALL of the requirements on the checklist for the 5 Day Or Less/direct airport release are completed for each entry into Hawaii.
- The Animal Quarantine Station has received the required documents and written notification of the planned subsequent “re-entry” into Hawaii.
- If the pet qualifies for re-entry, the fee is $98*
* The higher fee of $130 for each dog or cat released at the airport shall apply (instead of $98) when documents are not received by the Animal Quarantine Station 10 days or more before arrival (re-entry).This includes situations where documents are submitted on arrival for review and qualification purposes.