Agricultural Development Division
The Agricultural Development Division (ADD) serves to promote the economic viability of commercial agriculture in Hawaii by sponsoring joint marketing programs for agricultural products with high revenue growth potentials; facilitating the development and expansion of marketing opportunities for targeted agricultural and processed products; and providing timely, accurate and useful statistics.
The division includes:
If you are looking for the Agribusiness Development Corporation (ADC), an attached agency to HDOA, please click here.
ADD Programs and Reports:
- Requests for Proposals Open for Specialty Crop Grants – Deadline for submission is March 27, 2013.
- Increased Food Security and Food Self-Sufficiency Strategy - by the Office of Planning & HDOA
- Buy Local, It Matters!
Supporting Hawaii farmers, growers and ranchers!
- Agricultural Workforce Skills Panel - A multi-agency effort to address Hawaii agricultural workforce development needs.
- Animal Feedstock Workshop - Aug. 15, 2012, A joint workshop with the Oceanic Institute to work on developing local feedstock.
- Health Impact Assessment: 2010 Hawaii County Agriculture Development Plan (Feb. 2012)
- Reservoir Study - Economic Impacts of Agricultural Reservoir Closures in Hawaii – September 2010
- Food Self-Sufficiency Report
A joint report by UH-CTAHR and HDOA’s Agriculture Development Division.
- Seals of Quality Program
The flagship marketing program for the Department of Agriculture to promote Hawaiian high quality products
- Agriculture Calendar of Events
A comprehensive listing of agriculture events in and outside of Hawaii
- Farmers’ Market Listing
An easy way to find the farmers’ market nearest to you.
- Risk Management
Detailed explanation of Risk Management issues and options for Hawaii’s agriculture producers.
- USDA Organic Certification Cost Share Programs
Explanation and application forms for Organic Farmers
- Local Recipes and Chef Roy Yamaguchi’s Cooking Videos
Explore local recipes and watch Chef Roy work his magic in the kitchen