Posted on Feb 6, 2013 in Ag Resources
Come visit our islands and enjoy the many activities and attractions showcasing Hawaii’s unique agricultural paradise!
- DOLE CANNERY SQUARE (9am – 5pm) FREE
Multi-media show depicts story of James Dole and his famouspineapple cannery. Gift shops, Foodcourt; 650 Iwilei Road,Honolulu, 96817; (808) 523-DOLE.
- DOLE PLANTATION (9am – 5:30pm) FREE
Home of Hawaii’s freshest pineapples. Pineapple variety garden.Horse rides. Gifts/souvenirs. Snack Shop; 64-1550 KamehamehaHighway, Wahiawa, 96786; (808) 621-8408.
- HAWAII’S PLANTATION VILLAGE (8:30am – 4pm)
Waipahu Cultural Garden Park. Develop and conduct educationaltours; Collect, preserve and interpret artifacts; Operate,maintain restored, replicated structures; 94-695 Waipahu Street,Waipahu, 96797; (808) 566-0110.
- HONOLULU BOTANICAL GARDENS (Daily 9am – 4pm)
The largest collection of tropical plants in the United Statescan be found at the Foster, Wahiawa,Koko Crater, Ho’omaluhia, andLiliuoka’lani Botanical Gardens; 50 North Vineyard Boulevard,Honolulu, 96817; (808) 522-7060.
- SENATOR FONG’S PLANTATION & GARDEN, INC. (10am-4pm)
Activity Center, garden tours, lei-making, jeeps, hiking,horseback rides, paintball games, archery,fishing, giftshop,snackshop; 47-285 Pulama Road, Kaneohe, 96744; (808) 239-6775.
- WAIMEA VALLEY, HOME OF WAIMEA FALLS PARK (10am – 5:30pm)
Hawaiian hula, Hawaiian games and crafts, cliff diving, botanicalgardens, restaurants, shopping. Free transportation from Waikiki;59-864 Kamehameha Highway, Haleiwa, 96712; park: (808) 638-8511,sales: (800) 767-8046.
HAWAII – BIG ISLAND
- AKATSUKA ORCHID GARDENS (8:30am – 5pm) FREE
View our orchid gardens. We ship orchid plants and cut flowers tothe mainland. Gifts on a floral theme; South on Highway 11, Firstleft past 22 mile marker, Volcano, 96785; (808) 967-8234.
- HAWAII TROPICAL BOTANICAL GARDEN (8:30am – 4:30pm
Spectacular tropical rainforest and flower jungle on Onomea Bay.Nature lover’s and photographer’s paradise; RR 143-A Papaikou,96781; (808) 964-5233.
- HAWAIIAN MACADAMIA PLANTATION, INC. (9am – 6pm) FREE
Walk in self guided tour of process viewing and also freesamples; P.O. Box 707, Lower Lehua Street, Honokaa; (808)775-7201, (800) 444-6887.
- MAUNA LOA MACADAMIA NUT COMPANY (8:30am – 5pm) FREE
Tour macadamia nut factory and orchards. Enjoy free samples invisitor center; HC01, Box3,Hilo; (808) 966-9301.
- MAUNA LOA ORCHIDS/FLOWERS OF HAWAII FREE
In beautiful rural old style setting since 1946; Growers oforchids and exotics. Lei makers. 530 Ainaola Drive (in rear),Hilo 96720; (808) 959-5858; (800) 356-7244.
- MAUNA LOA ROYAL KONA COFFEE MILL & MUSEUM (9am – 5pm) FREE
Displays and memorabilia of coffee industry. Free samples offreshly roasted pure Kona coffee; 160 Napoopoo Road, CaptainCook, 96704; (808) 328-2511.
- PARKER RANCH VISITOR’S CENTER
Museum of family history, video presentation of ranch operations.Also two historical homes; Parker Ranch Shopping Center, Kamuela,96843; (808) 885-7655.
- WAKEFIELD GARDENS (11am – 3pm) FREE
Free self-guided orchard tour, “Where the Aloha Spirit stillprevails”, #1 Rodeo Road, Highway 160, Honaunau, South Kona.(808) 328-9930 or (808) 328-2200.
- KAUAI FRUIT & FLOWER COMPANY (M-Sa 8am – 4:30pm) FREE
Kauai’s only pineapple garden, with 21 varieties from around theworld, no charge for viewing. 3252 Kuhio Highway, Lihue, 96766,(808) 245-1814.
ALEXANDER & BALDWIN SUGAR MUSEUM (9:30am – 4:30pm)
- ENCHANTING FLORAL GARDEN OF KULA, MAUI (9am – 5pm)
Stroll through 500 colorful flowers and tropical plants on thebeautiful slopes of mount Haleakala; RR1, Box 696, Kula 96790;(808) 878-2531.
- KAIA RANCH TROPICAL BOTANICAL GARDENS (9am – 5pm)
Beautiful 10 acres of natural native Hawaiian and exoticplantings. Self-guided walking tour:picnic areas: Ulaino Road,P.O. Box 4040, Hana, 96813; (808) 248-7725.
- MAUI TROPICAL PLANTATION (9am – 5pm)
Narrated tram tour, theme parties, special events, restaurant and Marketplace available; 1670 Honoapiilani Highway, Wailuku, 96793;(808) 244-7643, (800) 451-6805.
- TROPICAL GARDENS OF MAUI
Experience the tropics in our lush 5 acre garden tour; Iao VallyRoad; (808) 244-3085.