Board Actions for 11-27-12 MeetingPosted on Nov 27, 2012 in Board Actions
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING
Date: November 27, 2012 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 9/25/12 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
- INTRODUCTION AND COMMENTS
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL LOAN DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of One (1) Direct Class A Loan to Quintal Farms, Inc., Frank K. Quintal, and Haroldeen V. Quintal, co-borrowers.
Disposition: Loan being processed for closing.
B. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
- Request to Approve Waiver of Performance Bond
General Lease No. S-4936
Waimanalo Agricultural Park, Lot 10, Island of Oahu
Disposition: Lessee has been notified of performance bond waiver.
- Request for Consent to Assignment and Conversion of General Lease No. S-3764
Lot 16, Waimanalo Agricultural Subdivision
Koolaupoko, Waimanalo, Oahu, Hawaii
Disposition: Documents have been drafted and are being reviewed by
the deputy attorney general.
C. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
- Request for Preliminary Approval of Proposed Amendments to Chapter 4-143, Hawaii Administrative Rules, entitled “Standards for Coffee”, and (2) Authorization for the Chairperson to Schedule Public Hearings and Appoint Hearing Officer in Connection with the Proposed Rule Amendments.
Action: Item was deleted from agenda
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Informational Briefing on Plans Relating to the Lease of Portion of the Animal Quarantine Station Property Located in Halawa Valley, Oahu.
- Presentation by Office of Planning-Department of Business Economic Development & Tourism on the report entitled, “Increased Food Security and Food Self-Sufficiency Strategy.”
VII. ADJOURNMENT OF REGULAR MEETING