Board Actions for 6-26-12 MeetingPosted on Jun 26, 2012 in Board Actions
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING
Date: June 26, 2012 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Plant Quarantine Conference Room
1849 Auiki Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 5/29/12 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
A. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Request for Acceptance of Annual Lease Rents as Determined
by Independent Appraisal for Rent Reopening for Twenty-Four (24)
Lots Located in the Pahoa Agricultural Park, Keonopoko-Iki, Puna,
Island of Hawaii
Disposition: Lessees have been notified of the rent adjustments.
2. Request to Accept the Annual Lease Rents as Determined
by Independent Appraisal for Rent Reopening for Twenty-Seven (27)
Lots Located in Panaewa Agricultural Park
Disposition: Lessees have also been notified of the rent adjustments.
3. Request for Consent to Subleases between the Hamakua North Hilo
Agricultural Cooperative and Various Individuals, Honokaia, Hamakua, Island of Hawaii
Disposition: Consents have been drafted and executed.
4. Request for Approval to Waive and Defer Rental for the Hamakua North Hilo Agricultural Cooperative, Hamakua, Island of Hawaii
Disposition: We are still awaiting the executed agreement from the
5. Certification of Acreage Assessments for the Honokaa-Paauilo, Kahuku,
Molokai, Waimanalo, and Waimea Irrigation Systems, 2012 Fiscal Year
Disposition: New billing rates have been established.
- PRESENTATION BY DWIGHT TAKAMINE, DIRECTOR-DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS; SUMMARY OF THE AGRICULTURAL WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS HELD THROUGHOUT THE STATE
- PRESENTATION BY DAVID RUF, CEO-RIVERTOP SOLUTIONS LLC, ON A NEW PROJECT FOR THE BIG ISLAND FOCUSING ON A VETERAN TO FARMER PROGRAM
VII. NEW BUSINESS
VIII. ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING