Overview of major regulations affecting pesticide use In Hawaii
Regulates the distribution and use of pesticides to ensure safety and availability of important pesticides. List of licensed pesticides available.
The Hawaii Department of Agriculture (HDOA), Pesticides Branch regulates the manufacture, sale, and use of pesticides in the State of Hawaii.
This section acquaints you with just some of the regulations.
For more information, contact the HDOA’s Pesticides Branch at (808)973-9401.
Licensing, Registration, Certification
- Pesticide Forms
- Lists of Licensed Pesticides
- Pesticide Applicator Certification / Recertification
- Restricted Use Pesticide Dealers
Pesticides Educational Activities
- Farmer Resources Workshop in Hilo – May 23, 2014
- Farmer Resources Workshop on Kauai – May 16, 2014
- NPDES PESTICIDES PERMIT UPDATE
- Endosulfan Cancellation Order Summary 2010
- Nemacur 3 Amended Product Cancellation Order: Authorized retailers/distributors may continue to sell and/or distribute product until October 5, 2012. Certified applicators may continue to use nemacur products until October 6, 2014. After such time, use is prohibited and product must be disposed of according to Federal, State, and county regulations. Please see Federal Register Notice for more details at the above link.
Other sources of information:
School Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Grants
EPA’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP) has launched an initiative to promote expanded use of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in schools. To provide greater protection for children’s health by employing IPM as a pollution prevention tool, EPA is increasing its commitment to school IPM and redirecting resources to increase the attention and support given to school IPM programs. This effort is intended to accelerate the move from demonstration to the implementation of school IPM to ensure that the millions of children in our nation’s schools will benefit from the protection afforded by quality IPM programs.
NPIC – National Pesticide Information Center: http://npic.orst.edu
Or call toll free 1-800-858-7378 (7:30 am – 3:30 pm PT Monday – Friday)
EPA Container and Containment Rule:
EPA Worker Protection Manual:
New Soil Fumigation Requirements. Soil Fumigant “Toolbox”: