Overview of major regulations affecting pesticide use In Hawaii
Regulates the distribution and use of pesticides to ensure safety and availability of important pesticides. List of licensed pesticides available.
The Hawaii Department of Agriculture (HDOA), Pesticides Branch regulates the manufacture, sale, and use of pesticides in the State of Hawaii.
This section acquaints you with just some of the regulations.
For more information, contact the HDOA’s Pesticides Branch at (808)973-9401.
Licensing, Registration, Certification
- Pesticide Forms
- Lists of Licensed Pesticides
- Pesticide Applicator Certification / Recertification
- Restricted Use Pesticide Dealers
- SECTION 18 SPECIFIC EXEMPTIONS:
- HopGuard for control of Varroa mites in beehives and adult bee packages
- Apivar for control of Varroa mites in beehives
- NPDES PESTICIDES PERMIT UPDATE
- Endosulfan Cancellation Order Summary 2010
- Nemacur 3 Amended Product Cancellation Order: Authorized retailers/distributors may continue to sell and/or distribute product until October 5, 2012. Certified applicators may continue to use nemacur products until October 6, 2014. After such time, use is prohibited and product must be disposed of according to Federal, State, and county regulations. Please see Federal Register Notice for more details at the above link.
Other sources of information:
NPIC – National Pesticide Information Center: http://npic.orst.edu
Or call toll free 1-800-858-7378 (7:30 am – 3:30 pm PT Monday – Friday)
EPA Container and Containment Rule:
EPA Worker Protection Manual:
New Soil Fumigation Requirements. Soil Fumigant “Toolbox”: